Please check out my second post on fat bologna.com here!
Please check out my new post at Fat Bologna here
I promise, no more shameless promos!
The first week of January I took a trip to the Aosta Valley, in the north of Italy, located near the French border. The region is famous for one of the largest national parks, skiing resorts, and, of course, Italy=good food.
The supple raindrops on car windshields parked in nameless towns
are made of the same matter as the ice crystals
forming at the peak of Mount Everest.
and confess in love,
invoke the same emotions in every language.
You are breathing the same air as your worst enemy.
You are entangled in a complex pattern, of the living
and the departed.
Your potential is infinite yet bounded
by the enslavement that exists in your mind
and nowhere else.
Hey Spain, come have a seat. I made some coffee for you, just how you like it –con leche.
This might be kind of awkward, I mean, we haven’t seen each other in a while, but I have to tell you something.
I’m still in love with you.
I remember when we first met in 2005. Things were different then..for the both of us.
You had me at hello, er, I mean “hola“.
You didn’t take too long to convince me to fall for you. In fact, you didn’t utter a word. We moved in silence together.
Your long, hot days and windy nights fill me with wanderlust.
I miss the savory oranges from the market on a Sunday morning, and your succulent tapas on a weeknight.
You gave me art. Masterpieces that I didn’t even know existed, painted by an eccentric man with unforgettable flair.
You gave me futbol – nights full of passion and rollercoasters of emotions.
I miss your men.
Your women too.
Overflowing with colour and life.
Don’t look at me like that! You know I had to go.
We were temporary lovers that fell into one another’s arms, living our moments to the last drop, just before letting go.
We went through so much together. From first loves to break-ups, exams and shitty apartments. Even in my lowest moments you managed to embrace me in your goodness.
I hope to find myself in the middle of Plaza España again, waiting for you and your endless surprises.
I’d never known love before I met you, and I haven’t felt it since.
Don’t leave just yet! I’ll get you another cup.
12) On the 12th adventure of Christmas, my true love gave to me – a delicious carbonara in the heart of Bologna, Italy.
11) On the 11th adventure of Christmas my true love gave to me – an evening walk through the twinkling streets of Mantova, Italy.
10) On the 10th adventure of Christmas, my true love gave to me – handmade gnocchi from a bustling Christmas market.
9) On the 9th adventure of Christmas, my true love gave to me – crowds of Christmas shoppers in Madrid’s main square.
8) On the 8th adventure of Christmas my true love gave to me, a sunset above the clouds.
7) On the 7th adventure of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a Spanish dessert on an empty stomach.
6) On the 6th adventure of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a late night conversation in an open cafe.
5) On the 6th adventure of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a fuzzy kind of feeling.
4) On the 4th adventure of Christmas, my true love gave to me – improv decorations.
3) On the 3rd adventure of Christmas, my true love gave to me – a mouth-watering lunch in Valladolid, Spain.
2) On the 2nd adventure of Christmas, my true love gave to me – flying Christmas presents.
1) On the first adventure of Christmas my true love gave to me, an accidentally heart-shaped walnut.